Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The kitchen is greener on the other side of the blog...

More green kitchen lovin' from this site of all places. I was googling "Cottage Kitchen."

I do love the look of the dark dark countertops, even if they are trendy. They remind me of the old slate benchtops in the lab where I work. (Actually, I tried to yoink some because they are renovating our building and I thought they might just get tossed, a travesty!, but they absolutely reuse them - building engineers aren't that stupid.)






This pastel look is really not our style at all, but I still think it's adorable.

Not to mention what a sucker I am for anything fenestrated. Cubby holes, paned glass, etc.

And beadboard. Man alive, I luzz me some beadboard.

5 comments:

Sandy and Michael said...

We like beadboard too. We are currently debating how much of it to use in our bathroom. We're looking at doing wainscoting with beadboard panels, and I think we're also going to go beadboard to the ceiling above our built-in cabinet. It's hard to decide how high to do the wainscoting though, I'm worried we might be going a little kooky, cause it's getting pretty high :)

I'm going to post a pic on our blog later that is our new inspiration for our bathroom, I love it.

The new sink looks great by the way, and I'm sure it's much more pleasant to use!

sandy

Dulcie said...

Pretty stuff. I especially like the first few pics with the black countertop. Isn't it frustrating to know that some of this stuff is "trendy" and will be passe in a couple of years. I don't want to fall into that trap!
I like the second pics too, except for the purple chairs. They are a little too... purple?

Sandy and Michael said...

I agree with dulcie on 2 points - the trendiness of countertops and such is frustrating, and the purple chairs are wrong somehow :)

sandy

Kristen said...

I feel like you can never escape the Trendy in kitchens. Really, what does a "classic" kitchen look like? So at least whatever we do to our kitchen won't be horribly out of date for 10 years or so.

And I think the chairs remind me of a shade of purple I used to like to get for the rubber bands on my braces. Shudder.

Leslie said...

Oh, everywhere I look is provoking Kitchen Envy. I wish I had a kitchen I could actually just remodel into something I wanted, instead of this teensy tiny little nook that would require some major floorplan changes to make look nice. I like those kitchens you found, though! There's a great kitchen picture thread going on at the oldhouseweb.com forums - let me know if you'd like to see the link.